Top 10 Reasons to Not Miss Repeal Night at The Hawthorne THIS Wed!
December 4, 2012 by Pink Lady
TOP 10 REASONS
NOT TO MISS
Repeal Night at The Hawthorne
Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 6:31 PM
- Your flapper dress/tux-with-tails have been gathering dust since the last LUPEC Repeal Day Party.
- You own a flapper dress/tux-with-tails at all.
- You have $50 burning a hole in your pocket and would rather have cocktails, hors d’ouevres, and a signed copy of the informative and entertaining Drinking Boston than holey pants.
- Hurricane Sandy put a bar/bartender you love from New York out of commision and you’d like them to get back on their feet. So you can have a place to drink in NYC.
- You’re a history buff who has always been curious about colonial drinking habits in our fair city but never had anyone to ask. In person. Until now…ahem, Stephanie Schorow author of Drinking Boston.
- You have FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and don’t want to miss the best party of the holiday season.
- You love cocktails so much, you can’t imagine socializing without them. Meaning you would have suffered greatly during Prohibition. Raise a glass and a wish that those dark times don’t return.
- You like to be anyplace where Ladies of LUPEC and guys and gals from the USBG Boston are serving up fabulous punch.
- You’ve tried Prohibition-era hors d’ouevres and think that too many of them involve anchovy paste. What will The Hawthorne have to offer?
- You’re dying for the chance to take home a book that has Ernest Hemingway, Jacques, The Boston Massacre, Barack Obama, the Rathskellar, Joe McGuirk, Silvertone, the Sons of Liberty, and of course, LUPEC Boston, all listed in the index.
BUY TICKETS NOW!